Remodeling and Updating Your Kitchen
There comes a time for every homeowner when the need to remodel their kitchen comes up. Regardless if you are doing a complete gut and replacement or you just want to update a few features, one thing is for sure. When you replace the backsplash, you can seemingly give your kitchen a whole new look. The backsplash, which does serve a real purpose, offers a pop of color and charm that can sometimes be difficult to incorporate in industrial spaces like a kitchen. For help deciding on backsplash tile in Arlington, TX, contact the experts at Wholesale Granite Direct. We’re available now at 817-962-2616.
Backsplash Tile for Kitchens
Whether you are doing a complete kitchen remodel or just a few updates, one area that can instantly give a fresh new look to the whole space is actually the backsplash. The sole purpose of the backsplash is to protect the walls from liquids, most commonly water. However, it has also become a fashionable decor focal point for kitchen remodels. Which material to choose and when to install backsplash tile can be tricky to figure out, but that’s why Wholesale Granite Direct is here. We can help you figure out the best material for your needs and budget. Additionally, we’ll even provide installation services so you don’t have to stress about that.
- Ceramic or Porcelain Tile: An inexpensive option for kitchen backsplash is ceramic or porcelain tiles. This choice has been widely popular for several years, coming in a variety of shapes, colors, and textures. Many feel they have the most versatility with this choice.
- Glass Tile: Another inexpensive option is glass tiles. A glass tile backsplash installation in Arlington, TX can be done either as a mosaic with other tiles or as full glass sheets. Light will actually bounce off the glass making your kitchen appear bigger.
- Stainless Steel: This is a much more modern option for kitchens and has only become popular in the most recent years. You’ll more likely find stainless steel or metal in more professional kitchens, but it gives a sleek and sophisticated look that can’t be matched by any other material.
- Natural Stone: There is nothing that compares to the look and feel of a natural stone backsplash. Today, there are several options and price points that allow homeowners to have this in their spaces.
- Wood: A beautiful option that may not always be the most practical is actually wood backsplash. It will require the most attention and maintenance in comparison to other materials, but the appearance is unrivaled.
Choosing the right backsplash is really dependent on your style and your budget. Otherwise, the options really are limitless. The backsplash can also be relatively easy to install thanks to several DIY videos online. However, if you want to ensure professional results, it’s best to rely on the experts. Just like when you need any kind of plumbing service. For help with backsplash installation or questions, give Wholesale Granite Direct a call.
Kitchen Backsplash Tile vs Granite
A big debate that a lot of homeowners go through when remodeling is deciding between ceramic backsplash tile or granite. Though both are equally beautiful, they come with different advantages, disadvantages and more.
Granite is one of the hardest natural stones. It resists staining thanks to an excellent moisture repellent qualities. The stone is easy to clean and usually only needs to be resealed at least once a year. But, for the beautiful strength, there is a cost. Granite will typically be one of the more expensive backsplash materials to install. At $40-$60 a square foot, the cost to install sheets or even granite tiles can often be very steep.
Ceramic tiles, on the other hand, are the more inexpensive option for homeowners. Coming in a wide variety of colors, shapes, sizes, and finishes, a ceramic tile backsplash is considered one of the most versatile choices. Most ceramic is glazed rather than sealed, which means you don’t need to have it resealed, or rather reglazed, once a year. Ceramic is also resistant to staining, etching, and moisture.
Either granite or ceramic will be a beautiful choice for your home. Generally speaking, granite will more than likely offer a higher value to your home, but that can still be achieved with ceramic tiles. So really, whatever you want it is really dependent on your style, budget, and needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the most popular backsplash for kitchen?
- The most popular, and usually the most expensive, is marble. A marble backsplash looks clean, expensive, and beautiful. The next most popular, and significantly less expensive, are usually porcelain or glass tiles.
- What are backsplash tiles?
- Backsplash tiles are usually porcelain or glass tiles installed on the wall just above your kitchen counters and beneath cabinets. It provides a protective layer while also adding a personal and beautifying touch.
- How do I choose a kitchen backsplash?
- You choose the best backsplash that will best fit and meet your needs. If you need something that will be unassuming and easy to clean, you could go with a ceramic or porcelain tile. If you are interested in making a statement with the backsplash, then marble, granite, or other materials could be the way to go.
- What kind of kitchen backsplash is easy to clean?
- Really any solid or seamless backsplash will be the easiest to clean. Any quartz or laminate will provide the most inexpensive backsplash as well as the easiest choice to clean.
- What materials can be used for a kitchen backsplash?
- The most inexpensive materials for kitchen backsplash are ceramic and porcelain tiles. They are some of the best options that won’t overheat or become damaged over time. Granite or marble are also quality backsplash materials for kitchens as well.
Connect With Us Today to Schedule an Appointment!
Rely on Wholesale Granite Direct, 817-962-2616, when you need help with your backsplash tile in Arlington, TX. We’re the experts you can trust.