Why choose granite countertops?
If you are remodeling your kitchen, one of the major additions you’ll make are new countertops, and the right choice of countertop can make or break the remodel. One of the most reliable types of countertops are granite countertops. Below are some reasons why you should choose granite countertop installation over other types of countertops.
- Durability: Granite is one of the hardest, most durable stone materials available. It takes a lot of effort to chip, scratch or crack granite, and it will endure for a lifetime.
- Easy maintenance: When properly sealed during installation, you’ll have an easy time keeping granite clean and stain-free.
- Adds value to home: If you sell your home, granite countertops are often a strong selling point for many home buyers.
- Aesthetically pleasing: Few materials look quite as good as granite countertops because of their textured look and pleasing colors.
- Long-term investment: Low maintenance and durability make granite countertops a worthwhile investment for the long-term. While other kinds of countertops will need to be replaced or refinished several times, you’ll have your granite countertops for a lifetime.
When installing granite countertops, you may want to consider adding matching granite backsplashes to fully outfit your kitchen remodel. Let the experts at Wholesale Granite Direct help you choose and install the right backsplash to best fit your overall design. Call us at 817-962-2616 to find out how we can help.
Does granite countertops add value to house
While overall a kitchen remodel tends to boost your home’s value more than other areas, adding granite countertops can boost it even more. Granite countertop installation is often highly appealing to homebuyers, and popular enough with them that you could expect to see as much as a 25% boost in your home value with granite countertops. Homebuyers like its natural beauty and durability, as well as its low maintenance. Many homebuyers consider granite countertops a “must have” item when they are shopping for homes.
Are granite countertops out of style?
Because granite countertop installation can prove to be a major and long-term investment. While the popularity of certain colors or patterns will come and go, one of granite’s strengths is that it is a natural material. Natural materials like granite or wood rarely go out of style. Although a particular color or look might go out of style, because granite fits well with almost every design, you can easily work around it to change the look of your kitchen or bathroom,without needing to change the granite itself.
What is the most popular color for granite countertops?
While granite countertops come in varying colors, for an elegant and classic look homeowners tend to choose neutral colors, usually varying shades of white, brown and yellow. These shades fit with most designs, ranging from classic styles to rustic, country styles.
What is the cheapest color of granite?
While costs will vary slightly, many consumers discover that tan and black granite slabs usually are cheaper than other varieties. White granite tends to be the most expensive. Tan and black granite tends to be the least expensive because it’s the most abundant on the market. That’s because most granite that is mined is darker. White granite is harder to find.
How much does it cost to install a granite countertop?
Costs for granite countertop installation, of course, will vary. As noted above, darker shades tend to cost less than lighter shades of the stone because darker shades are more readily available. On average you can expect to pay anywhere between $40 to $60 per square foot for slabs or $5 to $15 per square foot for granite tiles. Depending on the size of your kitchen or bath, you should expect to pay somewhere between $2,000 to $4,500 for granite countertop installation.
No matter the cost, when remodeling you’ll want reliable professionals experienced with general contracting. Always shop around for reputable contractors that have the skills and experience you need.
Are granite countertops cheaper than quartz
When choosing materials for countertops, quartz may be an option as well, but more often than not granite outweighs quartz in advantages, not the least of which is price.
Some advantages of granite countertops vs quartz include:
- Granite is less expensive than quartz: While granite runs around $40 to $60 per square foot, quartz is about $50 to $75 per square foot.
- Quartz gets damaged easily: Quartz is vulnerable to burns and gets scratched much easier than granite.
- Granite is easier to repair: Although granite is more likely to get chipped than quartz, it is easier to repair.
What is the best alternative to granite countertops?
If you are going to choose an alternative to granite, most designers consider marble one of the best alternatives. Although it is softer than granite, marble has a similar look and feel. The mineral deposits and impurities in it also make patterns that give marble a unique look. Another popular alternative is quartz.
If you are planning to remodel your kitchen or bathroom, one of the most reliable and attractive materials for countertops is granite. When you want the most reliable and experienced team for granite countertop installation in Arlington, TX, choose the team at Wholesale Granite Direct. You can schedule us for an estimate or service by calling 817-962-2616.